peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

05 June 2007

Plans for the summer and a heart problem

End of the day. A productive day too, after all. My days are so…productive, now: I work out, I read like mad (6 books in five weeks, ladies and gentlemen!), the house has become the kingdom of tidiness and cleanliness, all my lessons are prepared, and I am full of energy. I sleep eight hours, solidly, from midnight till 8, and there is not a day when I don’t make the most of my time.
And now I’m back to writing too. Five pages today, and five pages I am proud of, because they mark the beginning of the new era.

An update on the other news: I have applied for a course in Brighton, to obtain the certificate of Tesol (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages); I am interested in that course in particular because it includes some practice too, a sort of traineeship, which is definitely more interesting than just studying the theory of teaching. Now I have received an email to confirm my pre-enrolment, and then I will receive another to set a telephone interview, and if they see that I’m “suitable”, then I will be officially enrolled and I’ll have the right to pay the school a hell of a lot of money for a full-time course to begin on July, 2nd. People, are you crossing your fingers? I am determined and full of hopes about it, I know it is the right thing for me, I am convinced it will be useful, I am confident that I am “suitable”. I’ll prove that. So, if all goes well, July will see me in Brighton. And maybe then I’ll spend some more time there, once the course is over, maybe I’ll find some job to spend August there too. Gym friend has already decided that in that case she will come over and see me. I plan to meet a couple of friends I haven’t seen in a while, with a little luck.
Anyway. Other plans on the job side will see me go to the official office for schools, and register there: we have decided (Lady friend and I) that I have no missing exam, and that the guy at the Unions is getting something wrong (a problem with a word that means “exam” but also “two-semester exam”, and he is trying to make things more complicated because of that); so we will go to the right office and set things going for the next school year.

On the side of heart news, I am still a bit annoyed by what happened last Saturday, which I’m sure has little importance, but it bugs me that one of my closest friends must be such a hypocrite. You judge for yourself, here’s the story.
We were at the dinner after the concert with the band, and we were sitting in front of the guy I like, and next to his playing partner, who is always joking with my friend for some reason. Guy that I like shows some trick and we start joking and laughing, wine passes glass to glass (by the end of the evening our table had won against the other table for 12 bottles vs. 10 – I didn’t drink, mind you), you know how it goes. My friend says she needs to go to the loo; when she comes back she doesn’t sit between me and our friend, but in front of me, next to the Guy ; in order to understand how his trick works, she tries to make him teach her, and she takes his hands; this shocks me, because she knows that this is what I should be doing, if anyone. When we go back to the car she asks me if she can sit in the front seat – Guy is driving. I obviously say “no way, this is my place”, and I explain, and this is the truth, that I feel sick when I’m not driving; I would set her on fire, if I had the power I swear I would have already done so. We arrive at the band, and we stay there for a while; the other guys are outside smoking, and we are inside, because it’s a chilly night, after all. We have really no reason to be there, just killing time. She is sitting in front of us, who are standing at the kitchen counter, and she says something about this guy of the other band who looked like him, except for his hair, which were better than Guy’s; she comments on his hair style a bit more and when he mockingly shows more concern, she gets up and rushes to hug him.
This is when I decide that yes, I must learn some voodoo rite and set her on fire. Really.
Guy and his friend leave to go pick up another friend, so we say goodbye. Five minutes later I drive her home, and I go home in a really bad mood.
I am, honestly, speechless, and I wonder: should I tell her? You cannot be serious when you tell me you’re happy for me, because I feel better now, because I am interested in someone after such a long time I thought I had forgotten, you cannot tell me that you’re happy when I tell you that he may be interested too, asking for details, calling me even, to know more, you cannot do all this and then stick a knife in my back like that. I am really, really angry.
Then I think that if I tell her, maybe she will see how much I actually care for the guy, and what will happen then? Shop-a-holic friend said not to worry, it is her way of action with that section of the band (two guys only, really), but I had to reply that it is not! Because now she jokes with him more than before, and she gets physical, which so far she has only done (occasionally, mockingly, slightly) with the other one. What shall I think?
A mail from Chorus friend confirmed my malicious ideas, and it is not a good feeling. I am quite happy that on Friday this girl should not be here, we have a concert and he has to lend me a cd, and I would like to spend some minutes with him alone, or something. I don’t know. It bugs me to think that I cannot even trust my own friends. I mean, she was the only one who spent a whole afternoon with me on that awful Saturday night in November; the only one who knew about how I really felt, the only one who had time for me, when shop-a-holic friend had her friends to see (and now there’s a boyfriend: we’ve lost her completely, I’m afraid), when rambler friend is always away for university stuff and girlfriend stuff, when work-a-holic friend is…well, work-a-holic.
Damn.
Maybe I am taking this too seriously, but I’m annoyed, and I want to see her next movement with the guy, when we are both around. I am curious to see if it was only on the spur of the moment, being an exciting night of music and wine, and if it was, how can you trust someone who will not care about your feelings but will do whatever she feels like? And if it wasn’t because of that particular situation, what does it mean? That all of a sudden, because I am interested in him, SHE is interested too?
It reminds me of when we used to see shop-a-holic’s friends after rehearsals, and I had told her that one of the guys was quite cute, and we had spent a pleasant evening together: the week after she had sat next to him and talked to him for a whole hour, and we (all) had had no possibility to talk to him.
One good thing: we asked him what the hell she had been telling him for a whole hour, and he replied that he had no idea, after five minutes he had stopped listening. Ha!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home