peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

03 June 2007

An update on books

Some day I will write a "review" of the books I've been reading...my bookclub is quite lonely...
For now, just a quick list of good and bad books:

- Middlesex from Jeffrey Eugenides, birthday present from lady-friend. A 10+, beautiful.
- The virgin suicides, still from Jeffrey Eugenides. Very good indeed, and I think I will watch the movie again.
- The restless sleep- inside NY city's cold case squad by Stacy Horn. Not perfect but interesting; let's give it a 7.
- La cattedrale del mare (La catedral del mar) by Ildefonso Falcones, long and interesting, if you like family stories mingled with history (the construction of the cathedral of Barcelona, inquisition, plague, Jews and Christians...); 8+.
- The labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie, who is my favourite writer when I want to read something relaxing

Currently reading: Prep by Curtis Sittenfield, but I've only just begun and will comment on it in a while.

I've just enrolled to a summer course in Brighton! For the CertTESOL (Teaching of English to speakers of other languages). I'm so excited!

More news to come soon, complete with an update of yesterday's concert (and flirty time with sexy-shoulder guy) and the rest.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home