peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

02 May 2007

Still feeling well (fingers crossed)

Boy, I feel so well! Ok, I should not use any exclamation mark, I know, lest I regret it in the future, and scold myself for being so enthusiastic over the recent news and good feelings I am feeling. But even though outside a storm is breaking, like last night (weird season), I see good times ahead.
I woke up early this morning, and at 8 o’clock I had my first lesson of the week with Blondie from the gym, where for an hour and a half we read and translated an article, which tomorrow we will finish, analyse for grammatical stuff, and discuss for the sake of oral work. When he left I got changed and left for the morning errands, which included the photo shop for an id picture of my smiling face to be put in the large envelope I then sent from the post office, and which contains my cv, double printed, for a tricky idea I had (see later); a photocopy of my id, because you never know they may want it; and a letter for my friend in Trieste who is going to receive it and bring it to the bookshop, and say that I’ve gone back to my hometown for a couple of days, which is why she is delivering my cv and I am not; the cv will see my current address as…hers, so that they will think that I actually live in Trieste, and will not restrain from calling me for an interview if they think I am ok for them, which they would (not call me, I mean) if they saw my address as being here, five hours away from them. This thing bothers me: I remember applying or calling for jobs half an hour away from my home town, and hearing people say “well, don’t you think it’s quite far from where you live?”…PEOPLE!!!! I’VE MOVED TO WALES TO WORK AND I COULD DEFINITELY NOT COMMUTE EVERY DAY OR WEEKEND, YOU KNOW??? What do you think half an hour is to me, who’s spent a whole year abroad, and coming back home only three times? Boy…the Italian way of thinking…they want you to be flexible but are not flexible themselves…
Anyway, this will be my little trick to get the job I want. I feel well and hopeful even though something in the back of my mind tells me I shouldn’t waste my time hoping.
The afternoon activities include: tidying up the huge mess I have upstairs; teach from 4.30 to 6 (B&S guy); work out right after, for a couple of hours; once home, finish the book I started on the train to Trieste on Saturday (and continued on the way back, when I did nothing but read for four hours…). Lesson for tomorrow morning is ready, and before that I will have time to prepare the one for the afternoon too, just a couple of notes. And there will be plenty of time to run, do a little cleaning around the house, and read again. Not bad, hu?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home