peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

01 April 2007

One more weekend (March, 24-25)

Running, running, running.
I spent the weekend running, most of the afternoon both on Saturday and Sunday. It felt so good (although not exactly so good on Sunday when I had the most gigantic blister you could imagine) (today I can barely walk, by the way, thank to that blister).
Anyway.
Interview in an hour, and I have just decided that I will not take this half hour off, since the place is five minutes away from here and I can be there at 12.05 and it won’t be a problem. They don’t expect me earlier than this time anyway, because they’ve been told that I work until 12.
I don’t know what to do and I haven’t talked to my boss’s wife yet. But then this morning I had a problem with a price, and when I checked I saw that all the other prices weren’t the same I had in my notebook. So I went asking Epg, and I found out that there is a new price list I wasn’t aware of, because nobody bothered to tell me or give me a copy; this is in spite of the fact that the boss told Epg that every time they’ve completed a price list she should make a copy for me or copy me in the email she sends to the customer or agent. Thank you very much for making me part of the team, hu?
I am so tired. When I saw that price list I just felt tears coming up and I had to smile and ask politely if I could take that sheet and make a copy, please.
Dammit! This is not fair!
Her new working time is from 9 till 5, with one hour lunch break. Which makes me feel somehow well, because I have two hours virtually by myself. Still, I don’t know what to do. Tonight, though, after collecting all the courage that I have, I will talk to the boss’s wife. After Epg leaves, that is! First I want to see what happens in that interview, what they can offer, what the place is like and all that.
News from the weekend is that I have watched so much tv I didn’t think I could do it, meaning that I have never-ever-ever felt so close to an inanimate object like during these past two days. The weather helped, I must say, thanks to the rain and cold and the generally crappy sky and air we’ve had.
You see, after some more boring rehearsals where I left right away since there were none of my friends and I was pissed off about it;
after going to see yet another set of flooring for the house-to-be;
after preparing lunch and cleaning the kitchen;
after running 5 miles and stretching and showering;
after tidying my room and uploading more music files on my laptop;
after trying to make a cd for David (me and music-makers do not go along well, and I can’t figure out why. Still, I lost almost an hour trying to do that stupid thing!);
after more running and stretching;
after tidying the job files on my desktop;
after more cleaning of the house and tidying of papers;
after writing for a while and complimenting upon my writing skill (because I read last weeks’ brainstorm and it was beautiful…what drugs was I on that day? Must have been all the chocolate…);
after ALL THIS, there was still so much time to go before bed time, and even though I had also read for a while, the call was too strong, and I just had to do it…
So, one episode on Friday night after rehearsals…
Saturday, only two episodes, and just because “Law & Order - Special Victim Unit” was on…
But Sunday, folks…Sunday was a massacre.
The morning was a useless sequence of talks with brother, and with mother, and music files and idle thinking over money and books (don’t ask); in the afternoon I thought I wouldn’t run because of my bad foot, so I watched a couple of S&H before setting off with some writing or music work; then I thought that I could try to run, after all, as I was restless as usual and I knew that if I didn’t move I wouldn’t sleep at night, and I went on the treadmill, for more than an hour, while thinking confusing thoughts about music, and cinema, and how to put the two together, and trying not to think about work and about today’s interview. Follows shower and preparation of my early dinner (apple, yogurt, a marmalade sandwich); then I decided to do something I never do, that is spend the rest of the day in bed, with my dinner and my dvd…and from 6 o’clock to almost midnight, there is nothing else to say…

A TOTAL AMOUNT OF 8 EPISODES, OF WHICH
FIVE PLAYED ONE AFTER THE OTHER,
NON-STOP!

And boy did I laugh! I remembered some of them, the stories I mean, but not the fun and irony and silly stuff going on, and I really really really liked it, so much that I thought it was a good idea to just go on watching until bedtime to feel better.
And I tell you, if I could, I would have watched a couple more, just for the fun of it. A real Starsky & Hutch marathon.
Not bad for one who says I rarely watch tv, hu?

And now, for something completely different: the interview. I must write this to clear my mind, although I don’t think that’s going to help.
So, the interview was ok: small office, two young guys and a girl, pretty friendly, some casual talk and an explanation of the activities of the firm. It looked all right, and they seemed quite convinced that I would be the right choice, even asking me when I would be able to start, and all that.
By the way, I would be their first choice because of my experience…
In a couple of hours I’ll go talk to the boss’s wife, and I will try to tell her how uncomfortable I feel. How I am not a part of the team, and how difficult it has become to work here, not to mention how useless I feel I have become. Then who knows. Technically, accepting the new proposal means no change in terms of pay, and a short “testing” time which, if I want, can be arranged to be straight with the firm, not through the job agency, which is what I most worried about. So, on the practical point of view it would be a change for better, for a smaller, quieter office with lots of work I could easily handle, with three decent colleagues and a more relaxed attitude (and just one woman, remember. This would really make my day).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home