peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

24 March 2007

Update by instalments - ten things

One
I love “The Usual Suspects”. I tend to forget some feelings, but the excitement when I watch this movie, and noticing the tiny details, and remembering the lines, and the soundtrack, oh, it’s too good. I watched it again last night and it was just beautiful. (followed by not one, not two, but three episodes of my beloved. I was going for a fourth, but then thought better of it.)

Two
I still hope I can leave this awful place, if only because my alternative is to really get angry at the Epg one of these days, and god knows I wouldn’t like a poor innocent child to become an orphan before he’s really seen what she’s like.

Three
It is too hot to think about carrying any hot drink at work, but I must really give up hot chocolate from that evil machine. It’s not even good! …Come to think of it, last year this time I was doing exactly the same…Must be the fresh air of spring. Or this depressed mood I am in, which is going to be with me until the Epg is around…I see bleak times ahead.

Four
I have so many books to read! Where do I find the time, seriously? I know, I know…less S&H and more books. But guess what: I’m nearly over the addition: the way I’m curing it is by overdose! Three episodes per night equal end of season four by the beginning of April, and then I’ll be satisfied and will move on. Too cunning!

Five
Another bike ride planned for the weekend. Can’t wait. Now the weekend has become the REAL TIME, when I do what I really want, what I really like, what I really feel like doing. As I say, it should last more than a lousy 48 hours. And I shouldn’t have a two-floor house to clean either, thank you. When I have my own flat, I will try to optimise the time and not have to do any chores in the weekend. Then again, when I have my own flat, I will have a lot more free time every day, so there shouldn’t be any problem (picture me sleepless now, cleaning the bathroom or polishing the kitchen..if my parents saw me they would lock me up! At least if I’m alone and I feel energetic I can do something useful).

Six
Works on the house-to-be: the serial continues. But there are no real news, really, only the famous document to be signed by parents so that we all get a share. But to me, it isn’t likely that we begin in May…maybe end of May? Who knows…

Seven
My favourite number. It is clear that I am going to work for the next four/five years, but then I am so decided on that master in cinema studies. It’s a wave, I have lots of projects and ideas on what I would like to do, but then it all comes back to that. That’s why I am studying by myself and all that, while I wait for the wind to change. Again, patience is not exactly my strong point, though…

Eight
If my S&H addition is being cured by overdose, my new shop-a-holic me is a lot more difficult to manage. So I browsed the internet for about an hour on three different sites, looking for books to buy, and I have an urge to find some interesting dvd on sale too…I promised I wouldn’t buy anything of the kind till April, then I actually anticipated that to February, so honestly, I shouldn’t buy anything in April either…Can I resist? Well…they are books I “need” for my self-taught cinema studies nights…so I am a bit excused, right? I’ll try, come on!

Nine
I don’t feel like going on holiday. I mean, I do feel like taking days and weeks off work (that was clear), but not like travelling…which is totally unlike me. What I feel like doing is taking a trekking holiday in Northern Italy, and just spend my days with my backpack and the silence of a lonely walk in the woods. Maybe I’ll do that. Then again, I’ll be working in August, and I don’t know when my vacation will be. I remember three years ago, with no money and three weeks off, and lots of walks and bike rides and the world games on tv and sunshine and general relax. Not bad.

Ten
Just talked on the phone to girl from the job agency. Interview set on Monday at 12. I should talk to the boss’s wife tomorrow, if only to let her know that I’m not happy here, and see what she says. I won’t mention the interview, obviously. According to what she says and all, maybe I can decide how to act. I don’t even know if the guys of the other firm want to see me out of curiosity or if they are quite convinced on me already.

Time to go to the gym at last, and the weekend is getting closer. Can’t wait to take my bike, my books, and be in casual clothes for two whole (short) days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home