peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

05 February 2007

The Return of the Triumvirate and other stories

I like it when somebody asks me how I am..and he means it. It’s been very sweet of him. So I went home feeling…light, I think. Fine. Of course, being in between the giving of a present, the explanation of how to work with the website (which I should begin in a couple of weeks), the need to go home and sleep, all this made me be almost rude, and too fast in my reply. Sorry about that. But I have really appreciated his question. And his text, later at night, which made me think.

I have a loooong week ahead. Meetings, a dinner, the usual gym, possibly the arrival of my laptop…and the booking of a weekend in London for the end of March, where genius brother could be the special guest, since I have found a few interesting ideas for his courses of English for this summer and we could be doing a tour there to see if the place is good enough for him…

This is the first day with ex-pregnant girl: the Triumvirate is back. I am 100% nervous about it, especially when they arrive, and two minutes later they all go to her office to chat, and then they meet for the coffee break, and then again you hear them whisper, and if you are around they look at you in that way….My shoulders are not happy.
The good thing about it: boss has already shared some of the tasks, and she gets the worst share, at least from my point of view – price lists, calculations, preparation of the stuff for his trip to Russia, messy files about Malaysia and China…I keep on with my offers and confirmations, and so far so good. Actually, she is going to work only 6 hours a day for this first month; then she doesn’t know, since at 5 o’clock she still needs to be out and collect the baby from kindergarten. So I don’t know what’s going to happen: probably they will let her in earlier after lunch, or something. I don’t even care, to be true, and I wish we could have an organised division of the tasks so that I do this, she does that, and we don’t mess with each other.

The weekend was – again – uneventful: chores, lots of running for what I thought would be the last time, but since this week I’m too busy I’m not going to have my cross-trainer before another two weeks, which means that next Sunday I’m still going to use my beloved; not before, the week ahead is a crappy mess of meetings and work. Other things of the weekend: a lot of thinking over what I would like to study for a second degree (complicated choice); a lot of vague thinking over the things I want/need to buy (after the laptop and the cross-trainer, that is: my wish list on Amazon is almost endless…); a list of movies that I want to see whenever I find the time (…); and the excitement at the thought of writing, writing, writing like mad when I get my laptop! I was out for some “virtual shopping” with work-a-holic friend on Saturday afternoon, which is when I saw the cross-trainer that I will soon call “mine”. It was a productive afternoon, if only because I finally found the kettle I wanted, cute and small, and I can see myself making cup after cup of tisanes, and chamomile and instant coffee all evening/night long while watching a movie or writing my useless commentaries on the books I’m reading.
Which reminds me, the bookclub section of this blog is a bit static at the moment…apologies (and cursing) due to a few problems:
Problem one, I don’t have time: meeting after meeting (as mentioned before), resulting in my coming home and going almost straight to bed, or playing a random sudoku before falling in the usual coma;
Problem two, I’m probably not reading anything interesting because the book has been by my bed for more than 10 days now, and I still do not feel like going on. Strange, because I thought I would like it, but apparently…no. But since the creative spark of literary critique has just risen in my tiny brain, I am slowly understanding what makes it difficult to go on reading; therefore, it is now my goal to finish this book and write a short review (possibly within next week) on why this is a book you can avoid reading.

Back to the beginning of this post, and to the message I received from him on Friday night, I knew he wouldn’t remember what he had done to me that I considered special. I am a face in the crowd, I’m sure I’ve said this before, a face you don’t notice, and certainly I don’t make people turn to look at me. I am banal, ordinary, people don’t remember me. Sometimes people do or say things to me, nice things, sweet things, unexpected things, for which I am grateful because they are such rare events that I can’t forget. I store these moments in my heart and take them back to live them again. But people don’t remember them, because they probably don’t mean as much to them. So this is how I keep a precious moment right there, and the maker of this moment is too oblivious or careless.

Anyway...that’s all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home