peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

13 May 2007

Somebody to love?

End of the week: a week made of work, training, work, training, reading. One thing I had noticed during my depressive months was the absence of books. And of movies. I am back to reading a lot, and oh, I am back to dreaming, did I say that? Yes I did. But it does feel so good, and I want it to last.
The idea is that teaching is my path: and by coincidence, apparently the next four or five years will see a huge increase in the need of teachers, because the government is basically saying “retire now or work forever”, so most teachers are going to leave their places vacant for my generation. Good. So this is my first plan, to be acted little by little this coming week and the next. The other good thing is that now Spanish is being taught in high schools too, so I have more chances. Cool. Let’s start, then.
The other fact of the day is actually a sort of daydream I am acting out, and I don’t know if I should go on or not, but you know what? I am gaining a little confidence back, and I feel like I could give it a try.
So this is the story, no details: there’s a guy I have always liked. We chat, and we laugh, and he has become more and more close to me, to the point that, shy as he is, he comes over to say hello, to ask me about things I have done, and it’s nice. I have found him looking at me more than once, and..well, that’s it. I am shy and paralysed when it comes to this sort of things, and I don’t know about him…But on Friday I was walking to the car with shop-a-holic friend and we said goodbye to him, while talking of the huge book-fair of Turin where I would love to go, and where she is going with her boyfriend.
Yesterday I was watching Poirot and I thought I texted he guy, just to see his reaction: so I said that I wanted to invite him to go to Turin, but had forgotten the date and now it was too late and I hadn’t got anything organised, but if he felt crazy enough we could…He replied saying that oh no, he had plans to go trekking…And I replied saying not to worry, keep free for another time, ok? An hour later he texts me saying that since the forecast say it may rain tomorrow, would he be in time to leave with me? I think carefully about it, and I say that if he decides to go to Turin he can text me first thing in the morning, and we will meet and go; otherwise I will go back to bed, no problem. (a-hem: it takes a lot more messages than these three of four lines, and it is sweet, I think, because he is really interested in going, and in spending the whole day WITH ME!).
In the end I watch tv all evening (must stop watching Cold Case, it’s getting boring, and I can always guess who did it after ten minutes, and not because I am Sherlock Holmes, but because there is some sort of “secret” formula I found out), I go to bed and set two alarms, one on my radio and ten minutes later one on my mobile, which is on the discreet profile so I won’t get a hear attack when any message or call arrives. I wake up at 6, the first time…and again when the alarm clocks go off. It’s some time past 7, so I understand the weather’s good and we are not going to Turin, and back to sleep I fall. When I wake up again, and this time it’s almost 9 o’clock, I find his text saying that the sky is clear and he is going to the mountain, feeling so sleepy…
All I can do is smile and think about another occasion to meet, and I also think that any weekend is ok even for a simple walk and an ice-cream. I don’t tell him that, we don’t want to exaggerate, right? But something is on my mind…and it makes me smile.

A happy Sunday to you all, and a welcome to Philip for finding my blog and being so kind as to add it on his favourites: I have read some of yours too, so I am glad I can include you on my list of faves.
Love and sunshine***

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home