peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

31 October 2006

Positive thinking

This is an exercise I am advised to do more often to keep smiling even when the situation is not so "pink" as I'd like it to be.
So in spite of:

- a hopeless emotional situation (because clearly I'm NEVER going to talk to the B&S guy, or if I do nothing will change because he cannot be interested in me, and please don't come and tell me that I only have to try, I DID try before and that is why my fragile heart is shattered into pieces);
- an annoying physical situation (damn shin splints! damn shin splints! damn shin splints! damn shin splints! damn shin splints!) which makes me extra nervous because I cannot run;
- an awful situation at home (I CAN'T RUN! I CAN'T RUN! I CAN'T RUN! I want to buy a stationary bike or a cross-trainer, but having works due in a few months' time I am not allowed to bring more mess in the house!);
- a crazy situation at work (oh, where do I begin to describe what's going on? I could talk about my boss giving me a hundred things to do, but never finding the time to check them with me so my folder is packed with letters and offers and such, ready to be sent...; I could go on with him calling me to his office yesterday at 5, only so that I could listen to him going mad over an invoice HE did wrong, swearing heavily, telling me I could leave when it was 20 minutes later than usual - which means that I have given 20 minutes to the company which I won't be paid for, because I should have done a complete half hour! And what bugs me is that I KNEW I should have stayed those 7 minutes more! But I just wanted to run away! And all this makes me so angry that I've decided that I don't care, and the week my parents are away, even though I should be here full time for the whole week because it's right before the boss leaves for Mexico, I will not care and take Friday off!) (Ahem, it sound childish, but it's a real act of rebellion, trust me);
- my sleepless nights (because of strange dreams, because of my being utterly nervous over the B&S guy, because of my work-out addition, because last night my father went yet again to the hospital with a rushing heart and came back at 2, because I cannot run and I feel like I'm getting fattier by the minute, because my bank account doesn't seem to hold the money in and there is always one more instalment of the car to be paid - but I'm nearly done! I'm 700 euros away! -)
- my general restlessness and irritable condition which makes me snappy 24/7, and being snappy makes me irritable, which makes me snappy, which makes me irritable...You see what I mean;

In spite of all this and much more, these are some good things I MUST think of to keep myself going:

- I can run without problems for one and a half hour at a good speed - and after this week off running to heal my shins, I will still be a good runner;
- I can still swim under water for almost three minutes and my endurance is still high (i.e., I'm ready for the 12-hours marathon)
- My musical abilities are not really in the gutter - however, I need new reeds...
- The parents will leave in two weeks and I'll have a whole week of freedom
- The parents will leave in two weeks and I'll have a whole week of freedom
- The parents will leave in two weeks and I'll have a whole week of freedom
(Yes, I cannot wait)
- My birthday is coming soon and so is the big dinner with the band (aka The Great Event of the Year)
- after my birthday it's practically December, a month I love, if only for the lights and decorations and the cheesy Christmas music (not to mention the Sundays afternoons spent in a cosy café in the lovely company of some friends and a delicious hot chocolate...)
- tomorrow it's a day off work
- and in a few hours I am going to the gym and apart from seeing the B&S guy I will also see the S&S guy, who is nice and funny, and I will do some good work-out, and maybe I will get some more advice on how to recover from my damned shin splints.

And now, deep breath.........

3 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Rigmor said…

    I just need to ask now. What is B&S? and S&S? ?!

    (and hope your shins heal)

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Peggy said…

    Well, well, looks like you haven't read carefully the previous posts...;-)
    S&S guy =Sweet and Smiling guy
    B&S guy = Back and Shoulder guy (because that's the guy you want to see if you B&S are not good...)
    Ciao!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Rigmor said…

    Ok, I admit I haven't read every single post, so thanks for clarifying :) But I read the above one. Keep up the positive thinking, hey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home