peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

24 October 2006

Write-a-holic and addicted to....

It's pretty simple, actually: I like writing. I'm a write-a-holic. I'm also a read-a-holic, but more a write-a-holic.
To be completely honest, here is what I am addicted to:

- coffee (black and long, what we call an American coffe. No, not an espresso fan)
- cappuccino, no cocoa on the top. Lots of milk and a drop of coffee is the way I like it best, although then it should be called a white coffe...so, cappuccino AND white coffee.
- "Medium Mug" from Lino's coffee (I'm using the previous name of this wonderful place): amaretto cream, milk, coffee, crashed amarettos on top. I'm not really addicted to it, because they only do it in this place at the shopping mall where I only go once or twice a year, so, no risk to develop an addiction. But still...
- Running: yes, I guess that was easy to see.
- Swimming: not as easy, since I don't swim everyday, but hey, give me my swimming pool on the roof or in the garden and I'll be there 24/7.
- Reading: anything, and I mean it. At breakfast I read the tv guide because I can't be bothered to read only 5 pages of a book while sipping my black coffee, but I have to read.
- Writing: even these useless lists I am so fond of. Letters, diary, blog, emails, shopping lists, training tables, to-do lists for work and oh, my stories!
- Movies: I know, I know...the last movie I've actually seen was Slevin, on August 28th. Not my fault if a day is only 24 hours. I keep saying that I will find the time and then nothing changes. Dvd are my best drug, then. Even though The Lord of the Rings is not exactly great watched on a tv screen...
- Singing: anytime, anywhere. Except in the shower.
- Listening to the music: see "singing".
- Playing my sax: whenever I can, which means very rarely nowadays...and it's a noisy instrument, so I cannot definitely play in the evening..But afternoons with my sax and a cd full of Jan Van Der Roost, Jacob de Haan, and all my favourite pieces, well that's a great afternoon.
- Fruit (and vegetables): cannot choose a favourite fruit, really...Figs, grapes, bananas, apples, pears, anything. Not keen on mango or papaya, but adore coconut; not superfond of strawberries but in love with blueberries and blackberries. Can do without grapefuit, but don't leave me without oranges, tangerines, nectarines, and kiwi (particularly those we grow in our garden). Favourite veg, apart from my all-time number one (carrot), well, that must be grilled aubergine. Oh, and spicy courgettes!
- Sunshine.
- My friends: we only meet once or twice a week, but I enjoy every second. My best memories, my deepest laughters, the largest amount of pixies...with them. They are my life, indeed they are. Although I don't think it is a two-way feeling, but still, I know they care about me, only not at the same level.
- Daydreaming: I was forgetting this one...But it's a vital element to define me. Especially these days, apparently (oh, the B&S guy...).
- B&S guy: new entry! Thinking of him 24/7. No escape. Madly. Every minute of my day is for him. I feel like a sixteen year-old...And oh, he's soooo cute! (...)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Rigmor said…

    I am impressed that coffee takes up so much of your list :)

    My friends are scattered all around the world it seems. A bit tricky at times, but what can you do?

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Peggy said…

    I know how it feels.
    Like when you have friends as close as London (couple of hours' flight from here) and you never get to see them...
    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home