peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

25 October 2006

Investigation on the B&S guy (and three meaningless snapshots)

Imagine me on the cross-trainer, with the clear instruction to keep at an aerobic level vs. warm-up level (S&S guy won't get enough evidence that YES! I AM FIT!), and feeling hot, plus nervous at the thought of talking to anybody in the gym (i.e., nervous because I will not pronounce things properly, because my tongue will be faster than my brain, because my brain will react too slowly and I will have the best answer to anything only five to fifty minutes later).
The B&S guy is taking care of two guys, and he's smiled and said hello so beautifully when I arrived (aww).
Task of the day: investigate over the P.P. as an excuse to know the actual status of the B&S guy(see the Recap of the Weekend).
As I am pounding on the cross-trainer, then, I begin the conversation with the S&S guy by asking how the Expo went on Sunday.
First I exchange thoughts on the event.
Then I introduce the image of my friend to have a scapegoat for what I am going to ask.

Me: So, I am here on a mission, tonight.
S&S guy: Are you? What mission?
Me: Well, do you remember my friend of Saturday? If you don't, it doesn't matter (well..she'll have something to say about it!).
S&S: Uhm...kind of...the one with curly hair, wasn't she? (this is a detail Cinzia will not be happy to hear, concerned as she was about not having straightened her hair...)
Me: Correct. Well, she asked me to investigate over one of you, but since I cannot say who, you'll have to tell me who's got girlfriends and who is free...Can you do that?
Puzzled and thoughtful S&S: Yeees...Ok...So...(And I'm using pseudonyms here): Blondie and P.P. have both got girlfriends, B&S and me are single, New-entries-I've-only-met-once should be free too. Oh, and Girlie from the Swimming Pool is engaged, but you probably don't care, right?
Laughters.
Smiling and concentrated Me: Cool. Thanks. Let me recap for a second.
Helpful S&S: Yes, I can say, for sure, Blondie and P.P. are untouchables, and B&S has no girlfriend around. As for me, I should know!, I have no-one at the moment.
Laughters as we go to the matt for some stretching.

Meaningless moments I want to record (future masochist use)

Snapshot one

B&S guy kneeling on the matt working on somebody's legs. Turns towards me, looks at me:
"Hi beautiful!"
"Hello!"
Long look exchanged.
I open carelessly the door to the changing rooms.

Snapshot two

B&S guy going to talk to Fab Massage Girl; turns to look at me on the pseudo-cross trainer. Look exchanged until I divert it to the tv in front of me.

Snapshot three

Right out of the changing room, going to the reception. B&S guy there talking on the phone. I avoid looking at him. He looks at me by the mirror in front of the reception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home