peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

05 October 2006

Unexpected

Ok, this will be official only next week, but...I am moving!
I have spent less than 15 minutes on the phone calling several agencies and what I got is the offer of what sounds like a nice apartment (or flat if you want to be British, I remember writing this before) at an incredibly good price, which made me wonder about the differences of renting prices between an unanimous town which is not mentioned on tourist guides of the valley and an apparently important tourist resort where apartments cost just as much as the flat my brother is currently renting in a big city up North.
Anyway.
At first I thought it would be too big, but now I've thought it over: I have a lot of things and the price is exceptional. So my evening is not going to be run-shower-meeting-book, but agency-meeting-shower-book-sleepless night due to tension due to this unexpected turn. I hope I can get everything sorted out by the end of next week and start packing.
This comes so suddenly, doesn't it.
But it's the right path I'm taking, after being called yet again a "slow-witted, ignorant, arrogant idiot". It's about time I gave myself what I deserve: respect. Fear is not good. I cannot be afraid of what I do, when I do, what I say, the tone I use when I say it; I remember it took a long time to make my father understand that even though when he and mum arrive back from Sunday walks I am lying on the couch it doesn't necessarily mean that I've been there all day. Simply because he doesn't see me eat it doesn't mean that I don't eat.
Freedom of speech, freedom of thought...no bell ringing?
Of course not. We are all little insects with no brain who are so damn stubborn as not to accept every word he says as TRUTH, but grow little ideas and opinions and are crazy enough (or slow-witted as he puts it) to stand up for them.
It's time for a change.
I am going to call the agency now and see if I can fix an appointment and start whatever needs to be done.
Update to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home