peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

05 December 2006

Christmas holidays badly needed


I need holidays...this morning I woke up thinking "Oh, boy, it's only Tuesday..."
..Now, I do need to sleep more, eat better (I doubt a diet of cereals and little less can help my training performances...), run longer and calm down...

Some things which I would like to do on this long weekend ahead:

- run (I know: banal...How about this:) run on a treadmill that won't start wobbling two seconds after I've increased the speed and make me switch it off and try to fix it for the following hour.

- tidy my room aka be so lucky as to find a fantastic cupboard between my wardrobe and the wall, like Harry Potter's train platform 3 3/4, is it? where I can put the pile of books currently negotiating for a bit of space with my computer, my writer's notebook and papers, my favourite cd (cases only...the cd are actually in three different players at the moment) and the first xmas present to wrap, all this on my teeny weeny table.

- make a nice good-looking xmas tree. No, I mean a smashing dazzling exciting xmas tree that will make me spend hours looking at it and at its lovely lights and not wanting to switch any other light in the kitchen because it's oh so romantic to be in the silence of the house when outside it's cold and dark and inside it's warm and soft, and everything is so xmasy.

- spend a day walking about in my uni city all dressed up for xmas, looking at the market stalls, go to the shops, have a hot cinnamon chocolate in my favourite coffee shop, buy a book or two (I have a free voucher for this, bless, so one book comes free, and the other is out of pure lust!), maybe take some picture, maybe see some friend, maybe just take it easy whoever I am (or not) with.

(at this point I should mention that I should also clean the house as it is my weekly task...but this is a list of things that I would like to do, and seriously, do I WANT to do that? Not indeed. So, out of THIS list!)

- read all that I can possibly read: I've just started "The Mathematics of Love" and it's a lot shorter than Jonathan Strange, so I plan to finish it in a couple of weeks, not considering the nights I'll have to "waste" on extra work (see: meetings for mother's - and my - second job) and social events (see: the xmas dinner with the people of the gym and the xmas dinner with the whole gang from work - and I'm dreading the latter). But good news: I've considerably cut down the amount of reruns I didn't really need to watch, like "Everwood" (which I watched only because of Treat Williams, although whenever I look at him I start singing "Manchester England, England..." and then I see him dancing..), or "House" and all the other stuff. The only thing worth watching now is Law&Order, because it is always intelligent and interesting, and never boring. So, my daily TV ratio is going from 2.5 hours to 45 minutes a day. And the rest is books. Back to the good ol' habits.

*******************************************************************************
And now the second post of the day will be the commentary on the book I've just finished reading. It's taken me quite a while, but hey...Here's the second chapter of my Bookclub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home