peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

02 November 2006

The Brainwash (part two)

Remember The Brainwash? I'm at it again. But this time it's for real and I'm determined to keep going.
Facts:
Tuesday night, my depressed me being pampered at the gym by the S&S guy, who makes me work softly on the bike and the cross-trainer, then some exercises for my shoulders, and a lot of nice stretching on the bench, which I really like.
The bench is in the B&S guy's operating area, so we get to chat a bit.
At the end of the session I go to the reception and they are both there. We are talking about Halloween, an imported tradition I'm strongly against (long complicated train of thoughts would follow, but I'll save it for another time). He jokes on his plans, and says that he wants to see me around that night, we joke some more, I leave in a better mood and my shins are even feeling fine.
Wednesday, bless, it's day off work, so I can sleep and take my mind off everything.
I'm very annoyed because there is nobody I can go out for a walk with, and with the weather we are having (I'm going around wearing T-shirts! November and I'm wearing T-shirts! Really, this is the end of the world), it would be nice to go somewhere, stop for a drink by the lake, anything of the kind would be appreciated.
But no.
All my friends are:
a) still at universities enjoying a day off lessons with their schoolmates;
b) sleeping in their beds all day after some Halloween party;
c) working (this is obviously Anna, who said that she would be working "only" three hours in the afternoon, but I didn't believe a word..Matter of fact, at 6 pm she texted me to say she was still at work and thinking of the great weather we were having and of her motorbike...Thanks, girl, for the deep consideration for my messages and invitations to go out for a drink and a chat. God, why do I still bother.
Anyway...I'm bored out of my skull, and I decide that I'll text someone, if only to say hello.
So I warm up with the shop-a-holic friend, followed by the fashion friend (aka Cinzia), go on with Pseudonymous Friend, then it's Anna because I never lose my hope, then it's Kitty, I believe, anyway, you see the point, I text the whole world on my mobile.
The irresistible need to text the B&S guy is screaming inside of me, together with Kitty's words to "take any excuse to text him, like if you are asleep after a session at the gym, or anything, just to say hello", and I think that after all yesterday we chatted about his plans for the night, and joked and all, and tomorrow it will be a day too late to ask him about it, so why not texting him now?
Here I go, and here is the message as I wrote it (third draft...):
"Hi, how are you? I torment people via sms today...Just wondering how your "trick-or-treat" night went yesterday...And thank you both for cheering me up last night. See you."
Not bad, is it? Friendly and easy.
Well, after that I texted some more five friends, I guess. Then I went for a walk, I took a bath, I baked a cake and tidied my shoes (charity shops will be happy to receive all the almost brand new shoes I refuse to wear - from now on, it's trainers only! Except for my new lovely boots, which have no heel.).
In the evening, while watching "Tommy", I received a few replies.
Nothing from the B&S guy.
When I went to bed, still no message.
When I woke up at 3,47 (noticed? Seven is a recurrent number in my awakenings), my mobile was on and there was no message.
It's past 11 am now, and still no message.
I know I am going to see him tonight, but still. This is clearly a sign that he is not interested, or he would have replied.
So (see my over-nervous, paranoid, hyperactive mind) I know what I'll say tonight, this being (after all) an unimportant thing: I'll tell the truth! That I was super-bored, and that of all the contacts in my mobile I had only him and my boss left to text...(half true, ok...I could have texted my friends abroad, but I think my veeery long emails are more than enough...).
What I mean is, I understand, I've always knows, he is not interested. He is neither shy nor anything of the sort, he's simply not interested. End of the story.
And there is really nothing else to say about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home