peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

10 November 2006

Plans for the weekend

I'm writing this only to pass the time, really...

In an hour I'll be at the gym, ready to sweat my bum off, as it is exactly what I need and what I must do. Nothing makes me more frustrated than having to spend more than 2 days without moving, and what with these two meetings I had to attend for mother's second job, I didn't run on Wednesday (I was also depressed, so running would have helped) and yesterday I only had half an hour, and duh, what can you possibly do in half an hour? I don't even get started!
So, I wonder if my decision to begin the conversation with the S&S guy tonight with "make me work till I drop dead" would be taken as some indication of a masochist side of me which I haven't shown yet, and I also wonder how he would take it...So no, I will be my smiling energetic me with no hint of fitness masochism.

We're having the most wonderful November, and I love the sun and the yellow leaves falling and being carried around by the wind, I love the crisp air when you walk, and lying in bed listening the cold silence of the night.
Well...I love November also because...it's my birthday in...11 DAYS!!!

I think that tomorrow I will go for a bike ride.

So here are my plans for the weekend:

- shop for wedding presents: I've got two weddings to go! One on November, 25th, and one on December, 23rd. Hey hey, I seem to be the only one left to defend the fortress of singleness...and mind you, it is no longer a choice.
- top up my credit card for mother who's leaving on Monday! Bless, the countdown is - 3. And counting.
- get my glasses and daily contacts! I can't wait to wear that lovely dark pink frame!
- shop for next week: food, actually. I'll be HOME ALONE and cook, at last, for my own satisfaction, be it only my favourite dish: pasta with courgettes and saffron. Love it.
- Bike ride! Long, endless bike ride. It may be the last one of the year, if the weather gets as cold in the day as it usually does. We've been lucky so far.
- Not going out on Saturday night. I'm not really in the mood for mini skirts, smart tops, cool drinks. And it's freezing cold in the evening, now. And I'm not in the mood for being x-rayed by trendy guys and tiny supercool girls everywhere I go. And mind you, they don't x-ray us but for commenting on how not-as-cool-as-them we are. I'd like to indulge my depressed state and spend a night reading, reading, reading.
- Chores. Holy circle, I'd forgotten that. I also have to fulfil my weekly task of running around the house and clean and tidy and sneeze because I'm allergic to dust and the house is crowded with carpets. Well...My walkman and go.
- Run. I'm on Sunday now, folks, and Sunday means a lot of spare time and a lot of running involved. I must really make another cd because I'm getting tired of the one I'm currently listening to. Must see shop-a-holic friend and her vast music archive for inspiration...
- Write. No time to describe anything about my writing work in progress, but it's slowly seeing the light, and I like it.

And now, time to go and begin my weekend with a large dose of S&S guy, and...the band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home