peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

20 December 2006

All work and no sleep make Peggy a snappy girl

Or rather…a zombie fairy…which would be quite interesting to see…(or not)
Honestly, I’ve come to the office today because I was sure that my boss would be here, and calling sick on the only day of the week when he’s supposed to be in may have looked a bit suspicious…But then, we get this phone call and it’s him, and we understand that no, we are free from his presence today too. People, I’m too tired to be happy….
Last night I went to the gym and worked out pretty well, except for the bit where I had to stand on a piece of wood with wheels, and lift one leg up, and stand…and stand…and stand…obviously while keeping the perfect posture..and at the same time trying not to fall as the S&S guy was throwing a green rubber ball at me and wanted me to throw it back at him…and at the same time while looking at the beautiful shape of the B&S guy’s figure working on somebody’s back, or talking, or concentrating on somebody’s posture to correct it…
Boy, is it bad.
End of the work out, shower, and I brought my special xmas cookies to the reception, but the B&S guy was not there, so I chatted amiably with the S&S guy and I left, going home feeling thin, fit, taller, full of love…
I went to bed, read and read and read, then the daydreaming was too strong to resist and I switched off the light and started visualising impossible events…Eventually I fell asleep, only to wake up at 3.30, with the well-known feeling of “no way back to sleep here, baby”. Curse.
I decided I would work out, because tonight I'll be too tired to run, and I swear that if it weren’t scary for me to go out in the dark streets, alone at that godless time of the day, I would have gone for a run. But no, I just worked out, a whole hour of jumping and stretching and whatever else I could think of.
When I went back to bed I was not wearing my night socks. I thought I would be warm enough with my cotton socks, but no. And since if my feet are cold I cannot sleep, and I could be on fire everywhere else, but if my feet are cold it’s damnation, then I tried to warm them up by curling up and turning and wrapping them in the blankets, but the sleep wouldn’t come to me. And when I finally felt that fantastic feeling of slowly falling into a warm sleep…yes, of course, the alarm clock went off…and a bad song too.
Good morning, everybody! And a good day to you too!

My colleague is bothering me now, and I am too tired to be kind and not snap and be annoyed by the way he behaves. For example when he says that there is no notice of holiday on the windows of the office, and this could mean that we may not close for xmas, then he laughs, the funny man! Or, he asked if I’ve been asked to come to work next week, and that I shouldn’t take it for granted that we're closed just because I’ve been sending emails about being closed for xmas.

I DON’T CARE!
I’M ON HOLIDAY, DO YOU HEAR ME?
FRIDAY IS MY LAST DAY AND THEN SEE YOU ON JANUARY 8TH!!!!!!!

My mobile will be off 24/7, I swear. I need to sleep and read and do some cross-stitch and walk and run and see my friends and cook and bake, and watch tv until I’m so bored that I could cry!

Plus, on with how annoying my colleague is, I DON’T CARE ABOUT HIS CHILDREN!!!!!! I don’t care if they sleep, are sick, even less if they have spent the night throwing up (do I need to know that???), or if his wife has worked overnight (well she’s a nurse, nurses have nightshifts, HELLO-O?).
All I care about is that it’s the third night in a week of non-sleep, and I am a bit frustrated by this situation. Like, if I had decided to call sick, I should have brought a certificate from the doctor, even if it’s just for a day! And what could my doctor do, ok, he could write the certificate and justify my ditching work for a day, but is it really worth? Not to mention the fact that I would be “told off” by mother because of my sleeplessness, because she would see me at home instead than at work and she would bother me and be worried, as if it were my fault if I cannot have a decent night’s sleep. And my doctor would probably tell me to drink a pint of chamomile and try to calm down. Thanks, doc!
Well, you know what? I’m going to complete all the mess I’ve started here, and if I cannot sleep tonight, I’ll call sick tomorrow, then go to my doctor and tell him to justify me for two days, so I can stay home on Thursday and Friday too! FUCK OFF, EVERYBODY, I NEED TO SLEEP.

This truly posh post brought to you courtesy of an endless night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home