peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

15 July 2007

Things are in motion

Things that I have done so far (and look: it's only 9.14! I've been here for almost 2 hours...):
- sent emails like mad...must keep the situation up to date, my friends are just so amazed at what is going on here...
- read emails like mad...my friends are very supportive and happy for me, and this makes me feel good. My mum is still (probably) trying to take it in, it is such an unexpected event (yeah, tell me about it!), but she understands I am happy, and she is ready to support too. Cool. All in all, everything is going fine.
- applied for TWO FANTASTIC JOBS RIGHT HERE, and people cross your fingers, my lucky star is working so hard these days! I have found a wonderful guy, like no one in the world, and I am already so blessed, but finding the job of my dreams? Am I ready for all this happiness?
- sent email asking for info on the admission to a MA in Film Studies here in Brighton, just to know a few things before I enroll. I can't wait. Things are just going so well, it's hard to believe.

...I should get on with my work, now. The course is halfway through, and there is still so much we have to work on.
Ian is worried I am rushing with my decision to move here. I keep thinking that I am moving here for him, yes, because this thing is so special and I can't just leave and go back to my boring, meaningless life. So he is THE reason I am going to stay. But being here, coming here has been the best thing to do, it's awaken my real me, the adventurous, free, strong me, the ME that will decide what's best and work hard to get it. So, the question I asked myself was: what do I want?
And the answer is: I want to study Film Studies and live in England! Which is the only place where I can study what I want and be happy about it (no interesting or useful stuff back home, that's for sure...), the place where there are a lot more chances to find a job I REALLY like and be generally content, not ranting, complaining, being depressed and on the verge of suicide like I was up to a few months ago. Ian is (as a classmate said) "the icing on the cake": the most special, wonderful, beautiful person I could meet, and I am so incredibly lucky I found him. I feel that my life can be complete, now, and I want to work for this thing to develop and be even more special.
So people, in case it is not clear, I AM HAPPY!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home