peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

26 September 2007

Offer recommended

...I am checking my Sussex account for the ...th time, and still "awaiting consideration" shining on the screen. At least, I think, they are not waiting for one or more references, as I got my tutor/supervisor/boss to write one for me and send it, and he did it on the same day. Trust "ordinary" people more than academic professors, that's my advice.
I leave the school some time past two, cold and with a cold, not feeling the tiredness resulting from a sleepless night (a cold, general worries building in my mind, random images haunting me, and my housemate coming home at 2, or 4, and slamming doors, and deciding to take a shower, and slamming more doors...nice girl, ok, but one who lets you know when she's in...). Anyway, I walk to the library, receive a call from the guys of the clerical job I was interviewed for last week, who turn me down because they've chosen somebody else, although "you've really done well, we've all been impressed" (uh-hu), and since I have finally received my payslip, life feels somehow easier, sunnier, generally improving. So much that I decide to reward myself with my very favourite drink from Pret, which is an amaretto latte, and life is even sunnier now.
I go to the computer room straightaway, and log on, start emailing people, check my "official" email a couple of times and nothing new, so I wander about just to kill time, then I start replying to Gym friend, and suddenly I think I could check my account on Sussex uni, just for fun, because I haven't done so for the past hour, and I miss the familiar "awaiting consideration" line on my application status.

Application status: offer recommended.

Excuse me?

Offer recommended.

www.my-official-email-address.it, and let's check, because one minute ago I had absolutely nothing in my mailbox. Now I've got two. Ok, one is the usual spam...But the second is something coming from the university, and it heads "your application at the University..".
Open email.

I am pasting it here because it's too beautiful:

Dear Peggy
MA in Film Studies
Entry: Oct 2007

I am delighted to inform you that following careful consideration the selectors have recommended that you be offered a place on the above named programme.
The recommendation has been passed to the University's Postgraduate Office for confirmation and a formal offer letter will be sent to you in due course setting out the terms and conditions under which this offer has been made.
In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact your School of Studies at the address below if you have any queries about your programme of study.

Hey! They are DELIGHTED! Can you imagine how delighted I am?

People I have told: my tutor from TESOL, the nice teacher of Indonesian; Ian (who replied with a text in mispelt Italian, but then called me later tonight. I love it when he calls me, because I know that, like me, he is not happy with phone calls, so I appreciate the "effort"); dad; mum; Teacher friend. Then I posted the news on my other blog, on the website of the band.

Ok.
PEOPLE! I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A PLACE ON A MASTER IN FILM STUDIES! THE DREAM COMES TRUE!
I am so happy and excited, and my mind is buzzing with thoughts. This is toooooo cool!

I am watching funny stuff on Youtube now, and start feeling a bit tired. Also, I haven't really prepared for tomorrow's lessons, but I am sure everything will be ok (Luis). Thank goodness I am still my optimistic me, in a way. Think pink.
And God bless you all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home