peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

22 August 2007

I am in Brighton with Ian

Ok…I wanted to sleep but so much has happened in a day, and I need to write. Of corse, after three weeks of good functioning and all, my laptop tonight is in a complete crises…
So, I left this morning…worried about my luggage being too heavy (perfect instead! But the check-in girls were quiet anyway, so i guess i could have run the risk..); worried about my hand luggage being too much (and again, the check-in girls didn’t even look at it!!!); worried about missing connections and arriving late (perfect time instead). Worried about the room I was going to find..or actually, that was the only thing I was not worried about, and the only thing that turned out to be a complete disaster! A big room, yes, with just one bed…the landlady and I then moved in a chest of drawers, and she lent me a duvet and pillow for the moment…I’ll go shopping tomorrow, I guess. Then, the house itself is small and messy…I don’t like it very much. But I have tidied my room, and made it more homey, and I feel quite better now. I will have to stay here for two months (as per the contract), and I will have time to find something better anyway. As I was thinking, this is only to have a roof and a bed for the beginning.
So, after tidying my room and taking a quick shower, I left the house and went about the town. I should mention that at 1 o’clock lovely Ian called me, after a couple of texts we had exchanged in the morning. We set up to meet at 5 in Churchill Square, and I walked about the place for an hour while waiting, while managing to find the place where I will need to go for my interview tomorrow too.
We meet in churchill square, then, and he has this lovely, beautiful bunch of roses, daisies, lilies, sunflowers…beautiful roses. Beautiful sunflowers…A big bunch of flowers. I am so surprised and happy. We hug and kiss, and hug more, almost unable to speak. He holds my hand straight away, before heading for a coffee and a catch-up of the situation. It is wonderful, he is sweet and I cannot speak, I am so happy. He opens my presents, and then he gives me a card that should have accompanied the flowers, which is the sweetest thing I have ever read. We spend this lovely evening together, just walking, sitting and hugging and kissing, talking and laughing, and holding hands. We go to a Thai restaurant near the Pavillion, and the waitress puts my flowers in a vase, then lights a candle. We have dinner caressing each other’s hand, talking more, looking at each other. Time flies, but it feels good because this time we have no deadline: there is no course going to finish, or tickets to go back to another country or anything of the kind. There is only US. And it feels beautiful. He is sweet and caring, he is wonderful and he holds me tight, caressing me, bending down to kiss me, pulling me close, smiling sweetly, looking at me that way. My worries somehow feel less heavy, my heart fills with joy and confidence, with the hopes of a bright future.
We take the bus to go back home and we hold hands, at first, then he does the gesture I love, that shifting of his arm to pull me close, hold me tight, my hand on his shoulder, sometimes, and I love this too, our foreheads touching, eyes closed. He kisses me goodnight and gets off, waving goodbye; it seems to me that he’s sending me a kiss. A short time after I have arrived home, I receive a text, and it’s him again, wishing goodnight.
We will meet again tomorrow afternoon; his place is not far from me. And on Thursday night we are going to have dinner at his place, he’s cooking for me. He’s taking care of me in a way nobody has, ever. It makes me feel so well. He is so sweet and caring, so lovely and romantic. So unreal sometimes. Cheesy to say, but he’s all I have ever dreamed of, and I thought such a person would only exist in the lonely fantasies of hopeless daydreamers like me. Instead.
My lovely Ian smiles, and my heart explodes with joy. He takes my hand, he holds me tight, he kisses me, and I cannot think anymore.
I am so blessed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home