peggywrites

Mental Chaos, or: A Confused Collection of Thoughts.

08 January 2007

Aaaaand...here I am again

First of all, people, sorry! For not writing letters, cards, emails for all this time! I’ve been thinking daily about doing it and then no, I just laid back and let time pass…but I’ve been thinking of you, as I do every single day. Thanks for being a part of my messy colourful bubble.
................
Well, I’m back.
And after spending a whole week chasing away the ghosts of the return to work, I am almost glad I’m here, because it means a return to a normal life style, albeit without the super morning sleep and the relaxing intimacy with the sofa after lunch, and the brisk walks in the cool winter air in the morning.
So yes, good holidays this year, and I will not mention the disastrous Saturday of bride-to-be friend’s wedding, when I walked away and spent the afternoon with rambler friend. Hopefully now all my friends are married and the friends from the band are definitely too young to marry. At least for the next, uhm, ten years?
Quickly, the concert went too well to be true, and I am still surprised when I think of it; and people LIKED it! They really did! It was a good night, although my hair was a mess, and although I was too tired and too cold and too thirsty to enjoy it fully.
Anyway, now that my life can be normal for a short while (works at home planned to start in march = superwork involved during weekends, plus when they begin we will move the kitchen downstairs and life will be hell, and then I have January and February with meetings almost twice a week for our second job…Please find me a millionaire to marry, thank you), so, I intend to work out a couple of things for my future.
Therefore, please welcome the first PLAN OF 2007 which is also the first plan of the month (my neurotic me had to be stopped several times last week while frantically looking for pieces of paper where I could write a plan for my days off-duty, and I had to remind myself “No! You’re on holiday, no planning, no planning, no planning!”).

As a panoramic view, I can say that first of all, this month I am going to find more opportunities to start a PhD, a master, or something of the kind. It will most probably be in the UK, since my country is not too good at education these days.
Secondly, I will be working out with a lot more effort that I put in the past, oh, 3 weeks, when I was forced to go out every night and eat and drink and consequently spent the days at home, lazily walking and running on my tired treadmill (still sliding treacherously, sometimes), taking those brisk walks but never really running…and oh, I got shin splints again, last week, so great!, three days without walking, even, only pilates and such…awful. And mind you, I’m so proud, I have no pounds to work off! But still, the second resolution for this month is to go back to swimming, and change my gym night from Thursday to Friday, so that on Wednesday I swim, on Thursday I run and maybe go to the cinema, on Friday I go to the gym. Great.
Then, by the end of the month (hopefully) I’ll have my notebook pc. Which means, more time for movies (on dvd wherever I want, which means hello video rental, I’m back!), and more time for writing too, which I have neglected for so long I am ashamed and don’t feel much of a writer anymore. Then I think, I’m using this as an excuse for my not finding the time to write, but it’s true: writing on the computer is a lot faster and easier, and my computer is in a place where the thought of using it causes unbelievable pain in my shoulders, and so…a vicious circle.
Also, in March I’ll sell my treadmill and start running open-air. As in, the weather and the light will be better, and I will switch my beloved huge machine with a cross-trainer, more silent, smaller (my treadmill has just been moved to my room…and no, there is no space for anything – or anyone – else)…and maybe running outside will decrease the rate of shin splints episodes I get. Hopefully, or I’ll be very very angry!
Moreover, I’m going to save up money, and this means, sadly, less books to buy…and more time spent at the local library, probably…where there are no interesting books in spite of the massive catalogue they have. But I’ll be good, and will try to read different sorts of books so my brain will become more elastic (two in one, cunning, uh?)
(sidetracking, this money-saving thing can mean only one thing: next Saturday I am going to the same mall I went to in October with shop-a-holic friend, and…well, you get it).
Next, I have also decided that I am going to take one weekend a month to travel. Which means, how to invest my money in something that doesn’t take up space in the house like books, but which gives me just as much satisfaction. This month it is Milan, next month it will probably be Venice, then Trieste, and then I have a few more in mind…Not to include summer holidays, which should see me either in France or in Spain, and a possible weekend to accompany genius brother to the UK where he intends to join some intensive course of English.
Last but no least, I will ask our conductor to let me study another instrument, with the promise I will not try to break free from my current semi-leadership as first tenor sax. But I really want to learn something new, musically speaking, and my heart is still and always on the bassoon, so…may I? Pleeeease?

Ok…this wasn’t the last point of the list, but I think it’s enough for the moment…and having a few spare moments I think I can start working on some of these points…
Happy new year, everybody!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Rigmor said…

    And a very belated happy new year to you from london as well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home